Histoire

L’histoire de la municipalité du village débuta le 11 mars 1914 lorsque monsieur William Elwin Hall représentant le canton de East Farnham déposa à la table des maires une pétition demandant qu’une portion du canton de Farnham soit érigée en municipalité de village propre. Le 27 août 1914, la requête et le rapport sont homologués sans amendement, créant ainsi « La municipalité du village de la partie est du Canton de Farnham ». Une petite parcelle a été annexée à la Ville de Cowansville en 1990. Le nom de Village d’East Farnham change officiellement le 13 septembre 2008 pour Municipalité d’East Farnham. On désigne ses citoyens sous le gentilé Eastfarnhamiens.


The history of the municipality of the village began on March 11, 1914, when William Elwin Hall, representing the township of East Farnham, tabled a petition with the mayors requesting that a portion of the township of Farnham be set up as a municipality of the village on its own. On August 27, 1914, the request and the report were approved without amendment, thereby creating “the municipality of the village of the eastern part of the Township of Farnham”. A small parcel of land was officially annexed to the Town of Cowansville in 1990. The name of Village of East Farnham was officially changed to Municipality of East Farnham on September 13, 2008 for Municipality. Residents of the municipality are called East Farnhamites.

menu